Lemon & Baking Soda:
Today I am gonna share one of the many secret recipes my father shared with me, long long time ago, when I was still a little child.
My father originally comes from Sicily, a magical land in the South of Italy, rich of history, traditions, culture, beauty and mystery. From there are also the best lemon in the World.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed) organic
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (no aluminum)
- 8 oz water
Just a tip: if you do not like the baking soda, just drink 3 lemons a day with empty stomach first thing in the morning, pure or diluted in some warm water.
I am not asking you to believe me, try it and let me know how it goes!
- Clean, Purify, Freshen and Invigorate your body
- Support healthy respiratory function
- Aids in digestion
- Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability
- Clean and Purifies the air and surfaces
- Healthy and Refreshing energy boost
- Effective against bacterias, fungal infections, internal parasites and worms
- Regulates blood pressure
- Powerful antidepressant
- Reduces stress and nerve crises
It is also also antacid, meaning it neutralizes acid, particularly in the stomach and antiseptic, meaning it kills some kinds of parasites, fungi, and mold.
Why do we not know about this?
Because there are organizations that continue to profit from disease. It is that simple.
First thing in the morning clear your mouth with the cropper tongue scrapper and coconut oil pulling. Then drink this refreshing, cleansing and energising drink.
Please make sure to use organic lemons, as they are 100 times more effective than a lemon grown with chemical fertilizers and sprayed with chemicals .
Lemon Essential Oil:
If you like me are travelling a lot or mostly in countries where is hard to find high quality juicy lemon, I suggest you to use doTERRA Lemon essential oil.
Just add 2 drops in a cup of water. Make sure the cup is glass, ceramic or steel.
You can also diffuse it in a room to neutralize odors and elevate mood or use it to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances and wash dishes or sanitize and refreshing your hands.
You can also add it to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes.
Clean, fresh, citrus, bright
Of course Sicily. It couldn’t have been otherwise. Best lemon in the World, hand-picked by a family business that generation after generations since 1850 is making sure to provide the best oils with Love and Care.
Lemon rinds (peel)
Limonene, ß pinenes, γ-terpimene
Directions for Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. Choose the carrier oil of your preference and considering your skin type. I personally love canola, almond, olive oil, grapefruit. But also coconut oil, avocado oil and many others are great. Just get creative and experiment, like a little Harry Potter. Only you know what is good for you. It depends also in the climate conditions you are living in, your metabolism and life-style, age and other factors.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Simona Siclari is not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Simona Siclari claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The lemon essential oil is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Tips for Drinking Baking Soda:
- Baking soda is high in sodium. It’s not safe in high doses and shouldn’t be used for long periods of time.
- Individuals who have edema, liver disease, kidney disease, or high blood pressure shouldn’t use baking soda.
- Baking soda should be considered unsafe for nursing mothers or pregnant women unless advised by their doctors.
- Possible side effects of drinking baking soda in water include cramping of the stomach and increased thirstiness.
- Contact your doctor if you experience swelling of the feet, weakness, slow breathing, or nausea.
- NEVER take baking powder; it is an entirely different substance than baking soda or sodium bicarbonate. Ingredients in baking powder can harm your body.
- Avoid drinking anything with bicarbonate of soda if you’re on a sodium-restricted diet or if you have high blood pressure, unless directed by your doctor.
- If you’re on prescription drugs, get medical clearance before taking baking soda.
- Do not give baking soda with water to children younger than age five.
- If you have a full stomach, do not drink baking soda water until you’ve had a chance to digest.
- Athletes should find out from their trainers and doctors if baking soda is considered a banned performance enhancer in their sport.
- To avoid impurities like aluminum that some brands of baking soda may contain, you can buy pure sodium bicarbonate, which is widely available online.
- Be cautious with baking soda and consult your doctor if you are on a sodium-restricted diet or have high blood pressure, because it’s moderately high in sodium.
Have fun and leave a comment below to share any tip that you feel would inspire and uplift all of us.
In Love & Service,